THE OSCARS: Make-up from the Red Carpet by Jamie Greenberg
Jamie Greenberg, a Los Angeles-based make-up artist, was kept busy during Oscar week with events leading up to and on the big night. For two of those important parties—the Independent Spirit Awards and the Vanity Fair Viewing Party—Greenberg created party-pretty looks for “The Office” star Rashida Jones. She also did Katie Esleton and Ari Graynor for the Vanity Fair Party.
“For Rashida we really wanted her lips to pop. Her hair was sleek and beautiful so the make-up had to be clean and pretty,” explains Greenberg.
Working with products from Avon’s mark line, Greenberg did a warm eye and red lip on Jones, all against flawless skin. Here's how:
Face: Powder Buff Natural Skin Foundation as a base with Glowdacious Illuminating Powder in Amped up and Just Blushing Powder Blush in Cameo
- Started with Please Hold Eye Primer as a base.
- Used the center left shade from the OnThe Dot Neutral Palette on the lid, blended and pulled out.
- Used What A Line Felt Tip Eye Liner in Brownie Points on the top lid.
- Filled in the top water rim with No Place to Run Eye Liner in Jet Set and the On The Dot Neutral Palette as linger under the bottom lash line.
- Finished the eyes with two coats of Scanda Lash Mascara in Blacklash.
Lips: Make It Rich Lip Crayon in Hot Sauce
Who hit the mark with their Red Carpet look?
“I loved Charlize Theron! I thought she rocked that short hair and looked classic and effortless!”
“I also LOVED Halle Berry, just gorgeous.”
And the men?
“Gerard Butler looked cute tonight. Loved his little bow tie and scruff.”
“Also, Diana (Schmidtke) made Seth look amazing. His skin was flawless and hair was perfection!”