Oscars Beauty: Miranda Kerr
Miranda Kerr sported the new/old Hollywood Glam finish for her appearance at the Vanity Fair party held after the Academy Awards. The soft, sleek, side parted 1940's inspired look was designed by Christian Marc who used T3 appliances to create the dropped horizontal waves. Says Marc: "I wanted natural movement witht he hair, so I let the hair fall forward instead of curling away from the face." About the very important side parting, he adds, "Parting the hair on the side creates beautiful movement."
Marc shares HOW TO create the look in your salon.
1. First shampoo and blow dry the hair. Use a brush just on the ends to smooth.
2. Begin in the back. Using 1 - 2 inch sections, wrap along the T3 SinglePass Whirl styling wand. Continue wrapping below the rounds of the head.
3. Switch to the T3 SinglePass Twirl 1.25 inch curling iron on the strands above the rounds of the head into the front.
4. Once cooled, brush out the curls with a paddle brush, creating waves throughout.
5. Part on the side and finish with hairspray.