Hair Comes the Bride: Joico's Damien Carney's Big Day Advice
For flawless wedding-day hair, Joico’s International Artistic Director, Damien Carney offers insider advice that guarantees “wows” down the aisle.
• Spray hairspray directly on a Mason Pearson brush to allow for smoothness and light control when brushed through the hair during styling
• Use products that are humidity resistant and “restyleable,” like the Joico Humidity Blocker
• Start with hair that isn’t too “freshly” washed or generously spray Joico Instant Refresh Dry Shampoo all over the hair for a little grip and ease of styling
• Use Joico Power Spray Fast-Dry Finishing Spray to “set” curls from a curling iron – this gives you that “hot roller” type of hold
• Joico Design Works is a workable spray that you can layer, spray around the head 12 inches from the head and also spray the brush for that incredibly smooth look
• For hair that retains curl well you can use a thicker curling iron or as hair is setting you can stretch the curl for a looser curl. Work Joico JoiShape, another great workable spray, onto the hair with hands, gather the hair and twist affixing a bobby pin.
As part their commitment to brides everywhere, Joico has partnered with ShoeDazzle to offer one lucky bride and her bridesmaids a chance to win styling for the big day plus fab prizes. The Joico Wows Your Vows Sweepstakes begins May 1, 2013 online. For more details and to enter visit www.Joico.com or go directly to http://www.joico.com/pinterest-wedding-sweeps/?utm_campaign=wedding-release&utm_source=joico&utm_medium=email.