HOW TO: Clipper Tips With Gustav Mendoza
Third generation clipper artist Gustav Mendoza, International Platform Artist and Educator for Wahl/Soma, has hundreds ("Really Thousands") of tips to get the perfect finish for a clipper cut. In this video, Mendoza offers key and simple tips including:
1. Use a comb colored to contrast with the hair color.
2. Apply a smoothing cream or gel to control hair so that it is not accidently cut.
3. Clean partings are essential.
4. Have multiple attachments combs (1 - 4) handy.
5. Use your comb to organize your work.
6. Work in small areas, no more than one inch.
7. Around the ear, use the corner of the blade and bend the ear to have each side meet.
8. Elevate the clipper and use the top of the blade to blend to prevent causing a line or a step.
9. Use the groove in the Wahl Clipper Comb to control the clipper.
10. Brush cut to blend the weight line.
Check out this short video to see the tips in action.