Baker, Creative Director of Neill Family of Businesses and the Paris Parker Creative Team (including Lauren Eiermann, Jami Eastin and Paul Eastin) created this look for the January cover of MODERN SALON. Update your clients’ boring bob with this fresh, mod shape for 2010!
Make-up: Sasha Ahart
Fashion styling: Matthew Arthur (all home designed fashion)
Photography: Stephen Wolter
Photo 1 of 9
Before: Dull brown and a raggedy grown-out cut are about to get glam.
Photo 2 of 9
1. Apply color along top. Draw through to the ends and process. (Use ½ oz demi dark brown with ½ oz clear gloss and process for 20 minutes. Shampoo and condition.)
Photo 3 of 9
2. To cut, direct the hair forward and cut a U-shaped fringe.
Photo 4 of 9
3. Continue to direct the hair forward, working back to the crown, cutting to the guide.
Photo 5 of 9
4. At the sides comb the hair down and cut at angle from high point of cheek to nape.
Photo 6 of 9
5. Blend into the nape. Continue around the back.
Photo 7 of 9
6. Round off the back.
Photo 8 of 9
7. Pull out sections from along rounds, cutting to create round layers.
The NAHA Salon Team category showcases a team's diversity, versatility, creativity and expertise in hair styling. Salon teams must consist of at least two members and be employed at the same salon to be eligible.
This beauty hasn’t seen her own hair in 15 years. @razorchicofatlanta gave her this magical pixie to camouflage her hair loss issues, along with recommending products to help her with her thinning issues.
What can you do for that shorter-haired client who is looking for volume, but not length? MODERN challenged extension expert and Hotheads Platform Artist Vicki Casciola to help fellow salon Pro Mary McConnell. Check out the video demo for trick and tips.
America’s Beauty Show (ABS) by Cosmetologists Chicago (CC) has announced the winners for the first ABS Global Image Awards. The ABS Global Image Awards recognizes hairdressing talent on an international level. The photo entries represent the best of the best in original hair styling, hair coloring and haircutting, in eight different categories.