NAHA winner Faatemah Ampey uses pre-made pieces and accessories to make this updo extra special. Try it on clients for an extraordinary new year’s eve style! See Faatemah in this season’s Shear Genius starting February 8 on Bravo!
Hair: Faatemah Ampey
Make-up: David Maderich for mistermakeup.com
Photography: Roberto Ligestri
Photo 1 of 9
Before: Long hair makes for a great updo.
Photo 2 of 9
1. Prepare the hair by setting in jumbo horizontal sections using a curling iron. Begin at the nape.
Photo 3 of 9
2. Then lift up the entire section from above the rounds of the head. Spray along the root area for lift.
Photo 4 of 9
3. Blow dry to direct the hair up.
Photo 5 of 9
4. Place a rat or cushion along the base.
Photo 6 of 9
5. Drop out a section below and brush up and over the cushion. Secure at the top with bobby pins.
Photo 7 of 9
6. Take the length of the top section, direct to the crown and back comb.
Photo 8 of 9
7. Attach a pre-made piece along the rounds of the head. Secure with bobby pins.
Create this tousled braided look using ColorProof's new SuperPlump Whipped Bodifying Mousse. "This is definitely a throwback to the high volume and body mousse of the '80s and early '90s with all the good ingredients that ColorProof can put in there, and none of the bad." —Chad White, ColorProof Platform Artist
Kadus Strobing composes new hair-coloring techniques that highlight a person’s best features from face to hair through to the total look. The effect in this look, Expressive Strobing, is mainly placed at the neck and shoulder level, with zigzag patterns that create asymmetry and a softer transition between the blonde and copper areas.
To complement Lela Rose’s feminine, fun and youthful collection for the New York Fashion Week Spring 2018 fashion presentation, lead hairstylist and Global Style Council Member of KMS, Lori Panarello created a high ponytail that was transformed into a simple, lived in braid.
On August 25-27, 2017, Farouk Systems, Inc. hosted its biennial global conference. Titled “Light it Up”, the 3-day company event showed Farouk Systems’ ability to brighten the future of beauty professionals with the latest advancements and technology the industry can offer.
CHI Luxury Black Seed Oil hair care line rejuvenates, revitalizes, and fortifies hair with Black Seed Dry Oil. This oil known for its rich healing properties helps to revitalize hair for soft, supple and shiny results.