Keratin Complex Express Blowout Service
It's the Studio 110 Salon Keratin Complex doggie! Smile for the cameras! "Paw-parazzi!"Photo 2 of 8
The smoothing solution is applied section by section--in just an hour!Photo 3 of 8
Me, with my stylist for the day, Brooke Ingram, stylist/extension specialist at Studio 110 Salon.Photo 4 of 8
Me, after my Keratin Complex Express Blowout, with Lindsay Solomon of Keratin Complex!Photo 5 of 8
Studio 110 Salon in Chicago hosted media and editors to preview the new Keratin Complex Express Blowout service.Photo 6 of 8
The new Keratin Complex stylers include Flex Flow hairspray, Vita Volume Boosting Foam, Glowtion Potion oil, Lift Off Root Amplifying Gel, Dry Shampoo and Spray ConditionerPhoto 7 of 8
The Keratin Complex Care Shampoo and Conditioner--for daily use that hydrates and softens all hair types. Perfect for use after a keratin treatment because it is sodium chloride-free and sulfate-free.Photo 8 of 8
I recently was treated to a Keratin Complex Express Blowout service at Chicago’s Studio 110 Salon—and it was fantastic!
Before we got started, Stylist/Extension Specialist Brooke Ingram gave me all the details on the service and explained that the difference between a full Keratin Complex Smoothing Therapy treatment and the Express Blowout is that the blowout provides more temporary results, at an affordable rate. (Salon 110 charges $110 and up (depending on length) for the service.
The Express Blow Out still falls under the smoothing service category, but there are a few points of difference:
• Only 60-minutes to complete the service
• Clients can shampoo hair 8 hours after getting the service (vs the 2-3 day waiting period as with some treatments)
• Results last about 6 weeks (vs 4-6 months with a full treatment)
• More affordable than full treatment, because it's not as labor intensive
• Lunch-time service!
Here’s how Brooke did the treatment:
- Shampoo hair twice with Keratin Complex’s clarifying shampoo. Don’t use conditioner. The clarifying shampoo leaves the cuticle open, allowing the smoothing product to penetrate the hair.
- Blow dry the hair straight, using a combination of finger styling and a paddle brush. Dry the hair to 80 percent.
- Begin with approximately 2 ounces of the Express Blow Out smoothing solution.
- Beginning at the nape, make a V-shape parting and paint it on the hair, saturating the strands.
- Work your way up the top of the head.
- Blow dry the solution into the hair, and, if desired, flatiron the hair when dry 100%.
And, voila! That’s it. One hour later and my hair looked shiny, and healthy!