MODERN SALON TV: How-To Create Natural-Looking Texture With an Iron
At the ends, wrap the hair in the same direction as the base.Photo 2 of 6
Hair: Natasha Sunshine-Antonioni, color: M-Kat, Photography: Roberto Ligresti, Make-up: David Maderich, Fashion: David WidjajaPhoto 4 of 6
Wrap the hair in one direction at the base.Photo 5 of 6
At the midshaft, wrap the hair in the opposite direction.Photo 6 of 6
Natasha Sunshine-Antonioni, Pureology Colour Ambassador, is the owner and founder of Byu-Ti Salon, the hair boutique in Santa Monica, California. A celebrity stylist, Sunshine-Antonioni has run her fingers through some of Hollywood’s most notable manes, including that of Ivanka Trump, Molly Sims and Eva Herzigova. In the latest episode of MODERN SALON TV, she demonstrates how she created natural-looking texture using a curling iron, in her exclusive MODERN shoot that was featured in the August issue.
1. Begin in the back. Take a two-inch vertical section and pull straight out. Spray with a thermal spray from roots to ends.
2. Subdivide the section into smaller sections, for more control.
3. Using a small curling iron, begin the wrap at the scalp. Wrap tightly to the right until a third of the way down the length.
4. At the midshaft, wrap tightly to the left.
5. Along the bottom third of the length, wrap to the right.
6. Along the top, switch to horizontal sections, but continue to wrap in the same manner, dropping from the parting.
7. Once curled, spray the hair with a glossing and holding spray. Finger comb through the hair to soften.
To watch the full episode, which also includes the full report on Cosmoprof North America, NAHA, and MTV's Video Music Awards, visit MODERN SALON TV!
Hair Care: Perfect4Platinum Shampoo, ReconstructRepair, Miraclefiller Spray, ColorStylist FortifyingHeat Spray, Nourishing Nectar, GlossingMist, ColorStylist line, all Pureology.
Combs and brushes: Pureology Precision Comb; Sam Villa; Marilyn; Ibiza round brush
Blower: Sam Villa; FHI
Curling iron: HOT Tools
Nails: CND, KISS press on nails
Make-up: Beauty Addicts foundation; Mirabella blush
Fashions: Maroon pleated chiffon gown with embroidered velvet and chiffon scarfs by Roberto Cavalli, necklace and cuff by Laruicci, ring by Alexis Bittar and booties by Giuseppe Zanotti Design.