FASHION WEEK: Wella Professionals Create Designs for Peter Som
The Peter Som spring/summer 2012 collection was made extra special with finishes created by Eugene Soulieman and the Wella Professionals team. The 60's inspired edgy but glamorous silhouettes express “kind of bad hair for a bad girl coming from a rich family,” says Eugene. The look features a deep side part with hair directed to the opposite side of the face. The lengths are gently textured to takes the finish out of the hair while maintaining the style. "It’s an undone ‘do' approached in a classic way,” he continues. Wella Professionals Color Ambassador, Aura of NYC’s Serge Normant Salon, created a color design of warm pastel shades varying from rose gold, peach, apricot and salmon. Aura and a team of elite Wella Professionals colorists custom colored natural hair extensions using Wella Professionals Color Touch and Relights to achieve shades in a spectrum of soft, warm pastels. According to designer Peter Som, “Spring 2012 is all about the balance of strength and femininity." It looks like Eugene and Aura were able to bring that feeling to the hair as well.
CREATE THE LOOK:
1. Wash and condition hair using Wella Professionals Enrich shampoo, conditioner, and treatment to moisturize dry or damaged hair.
2. Prime wet hair for style with Velvet Amplifier, which prepares hair to maximize the benefits of styling products.
3. Blow out hair with a large round brush to create volume and movement, then lightly mist dry hair with Thermal Image Heat Protection Spray.
4. Create a deep side part with hair swooping over the side of the face and pin hair underneath to keep it in place.
5. Using a large barrel curling iron, set several curls in place with remaining hair down the center of the head for added lift.
6. Unravel the curls and tousle with your hand after a few sprays of Ocean Spritz to create a light, textured feel.