FASHION WEEK: Peter Gray Used Moroccanoil for Badgley Mischka
The multi dimensional airy shape was created by releasing the hidden curls or buns and allowing them to go up, out, down and around....all in unexpected directions. "It's very soft, pretty and feminine," he said. Though highly textured, Peter used just one product, Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong, to achieve the weightless, matte look. "It is argan oil infused to maintain the health of the hair, but it still has amazing hold, but won't build up."
While there have been some winning looks this season, this Badgley Mischka/ Peter Gray/Moroccanoil is in my top five. ok, top 3. ok, top 2. It was a daring, interesting and beautiful silhouette and did not take away from the gorgeous fashions. Peter in incredibly talented and I loved spending time with him backstage at Badgely Mischka.
Peter shared with us the steps on how to achieve the look:
1. Brush the hair thoroughly. Isolate the fringe. Take two different curling irons (3/8" and 1/2") and twist alternate small irregular sections, setting in random directions. Rotate at different angles and as at many different directions as possible.
2. Secure each curl to the scalp with a bobby pin.
3. Return to the fringe. Take 3/4 inch sections and a 3/4 inch curling iron. Wrap the sections back and away from the face and place in invisible rods.
4. Once completely set, spray Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong throughout. Place a diffuser sock over the end of a Moroccanoil Ionic Ceramic Blowdryer and dry the hair thoroughly.
5. Begin in the back. Unpin the set and brush out the curls, pulling upwards and outwards.
6. Take random sections of the hair and loosely backcomb.
7. Spray again and use the heat of the hairdryer (with sock diffuser) to fix and hold the shape.
8. Return to the fringe. release the curl, comb and smooth. Shape in undulating form with fingers.
9. blend in to the existing waves.
10. Spray again with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong.