FASHION WEEK: Amit Abraham for Bibhu Mohapatra
L’Oréal Professionnel Master Session Artist, Amit Abraham, styled the hair for the Bibhu Mohapatra Fall 2012 runway collection at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week. We were there to catch all creativity! "It's all about a 20th century opera," Amit told me before the show began, referring to 'The White Haired Girl', which tells the stories of the trials of Chinese peasant life and enduring spirit of love in colonial China . "All the hair is shiny and healthy...and super long." Amit straightened out that length by taking a clipper to the ends of the long ponytail for a sharp, clean and blunt edge. The highlight of the ponytail was at the nape where hair was twisted around the elastic, making it a shiny, beautiful focal point. The hair was prepped with L'Oréal Professionnel Mythic Oil and styled with L'Oréal Professionnel Infinium hairspray and L'Oréal Professionnel Perfect Shimmer.
Photos: Paul Nathan
How to get the look
1. Prep hair with L'Oréal Professionnel Mythic Oil.
2. Section hair, from crown to ears to create front and back sections.
3. Blow-dry then flat iron hair section by section and spray L'Oréal Professionnel Infinium 2 hairspray.
4. Once done, spritz L'Oréal Professionnel Infinium 3 hairspray onto a brush and create a defined clean center part.
5. Then mist on L'Oréal Professionnel Perfect Shimmer all over hair while using a fine toothcomb to tuck hair over ears then pull hair into a low ponytail. Secure with a clear elastic.
6. Take a section of hair and wrap it around the base of the ponytail. Secure with bobby pins, while continuously spraying L'Oréal Professionnel Infinium 4 hairspray.
7. Spritz hair for about three seconds with the NEW L’Oréal Professionnel Fresh Dust to the crown of hair for a soft matte finish.
8. Flat iron to smooth flyaways and spray L'Oréal Professionnel Infinium 3 hairspray to hold style.