FASHION WEEK: Orlando Pita for Carolina Herrera
One of my favorite looks at New York's Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week was Orlando Pita's BIG, voluminous finish for Carolina Herrera's Fall/Winter 2012 Collection. "We're doing very big hair," he told me as he put the finishing touches on his last model before she was grabbed for the runway. "and we're adding a headband." Orlando, who used the Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong. "It's sprayed all over and teased. It's a multitasking spray and it's nourishing to the hair." The look was created by back combing from roots to ends and then smoothing at the hairline. The hair was then held in place by either a black grosgrain ribbon or a thin elastic headband.
Pita shares how to get the look:
1. Blow dry the hair using Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong while lifting the hair at the root with a large round brush.
2. Straighten the tips of the hair.
3. Place thethe hairband around the neck to prevent disturbing the hair during the teasing process
4. Backcomb the hair in ∏ inch sections, starting at the nape of the neck and working to the front.
5. Sprayed each section individually with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong
6. Brush and smooth out the top layers and smooth over the teased hair. Spray the surface.
7. Brush deeply at the front to keep flat.
8. Take the headband and bring up behind the ears to keep the front flat, allowing the rest of the hair to expand to the back.