HOW-TO: Military Land Girls
“A collection inspired by, Land Girls, 40’s military and London war times, the hair style for McQ’s London show was meant to be strong, forceful and structured and reaches back into the brand’s heritage, referencing its own aesthetic of beauty.” —Guido, Redken Creative Consultant
GET THE LOOK:
- Apply Redken full frame 07 to damp hair to add volume.
- Blow dry hair using a boar bristle brush.
- Section the hair in four parts.
- Create a U shaped section on the top of the head and hold to the side.
- Next create three vertical sections below the U section, one on the center-back of the head and one on each side.
- With an elastic, make three small ponytails from each vertical section.
- Prep padding, create an oblong donut shape making the front side thicker to create the volume above the face.
- Place padding on the top of the head and put hair up through the center to lay over the sides of the padding.
- Brush the hair over the padding and make sure you get an even distribution to cover the padding completely.
- With a tail comb, begin to feed ends of hair around the pad and stuff into the underside while pining in all the hair around the bottom to secure.
- Once the pad is secure and all hair pinned in, start to clean the top and all sides and refine the shape with Redken's fashion work 12 hairspray.
- Finish the look with a strong hold hairspray to make a strong lacquered hold.