Blaze: Salon Friendly
AFTERPhoto 2 of 8
BeforePhoto 3 of 8
1. Begin color in the back. Bring down a horizontal section from the occipital. Mix Blondor Powder Lightener with 40-volume developer in a bowl. Hold the brush at an angle, and baliage from mid-lengths to ends. Vary the application from three inches off the root or from mids to ends.Photo 4 of 8
2. Continue up to the crown in 1½-inch sections. Closer to the top, lightener is applied heavier at the ends. Cover with foil.Photo 5 of 8
3. Continue to the sides, applying lightener above the rounds. Start at the hairline working up, leaving fewer highlights toward the parting for minimal regrowth.Photo 6 of 8
4. Along the top, the baliage is a bit heavier. Process for 40 minutes at room temperature and then shampoo.Photo 7 of 8
5. On damp hair, apply glaze from roots to end. Mix Koleston Perfect 0/65 Special Mix Violet Red Violet blended with Kolestson Perfect Pastel Toner Developer. Process for 15 minutes, shampoo and condition.Photo 8 of 8
"Blaze" is a Latin-infused femme fatale look—one of the trends that is part of Wella Professionals International Trend Vision. In this how-to, Wella artists Sonya and Christopher Dove, along with Paul Nasrallah, recreated the Blaze trend on two different models for the March 2012 issue of MODERN SALON.
Sonya Dove developed the color design for this model and Nasrallah created the cut for this specific model.
How to: Blaze - Salon Friendly.
Hair: Christopher Dove, Sonya Dove, Paul Nasrallah, for Wella Professionals
Photography: Roberto Ligresti
Make-up: Eric J. Allen for firstname.lastname@example.org
Fashion styling: Amanda Durham for Chic Little Devil Style House