Charley Brown Coifs Mary Kate Olsen for Met Ball
Charley Brown, Celebrity Stylist, was invited to create the hair design for Mary Kate Olsen for her appearance last night at the Met Ball, the unofficial "Oscars for Fashion". The romantic up-do was created using Wella Professionals products.
Says Charlie, "With the complex combination of strong tailoring and romantic drapery of Mary Kate's custom gown, her hair had to have the same complexity and impact that combined angelic romance with strength and simplicity."
1. Start by washing the hair with Wella Professionals Brilliance Shampoo and Wella Professionals Enrich Treatment Mask to restore a healthy look to the hair
2. Coat wet hair with Wella Professionals Stay Brilliant Color Protecting Lotion, then blow dry using a diffuser for maximum texture
3. Once the hair is dry, separate the hair into four equal triangle-shaped sections
4. Mix Wella Professionals Create Character Texturizing Spray with Wella Professionals Ocean Spritz Beach Texture Hairspray in palms and separately pat down each section
5. Shake out each section for maximum volume before crossing all sections to the top point, twisting and folding all of the hair into a knotted bun secured with hair pins
6. Rub the silhouette of the hairline to bring out the baby hairs and intentional flyaway's to give an essence of simple romance
7. Lastly, spray a halo of Wella Professionals Stay Firm Finishing Spray to keep all those soft hairs and loose textures in place.