Mara Roszak Creates Doll Like Finish for Emma Stone
Mara Roszak was tapped to create the finished look for Emma Stone for the 2012 Met Ball. Keeping her look feminine yet playful, Mara (using Matrix products) created a modern, loose bun with a side swept fringe which she described as "doll-like".
Here she offers how she got to the finished look:
- Starting with damp hair, applied MATRIX Total Results Amplify Wonder Boost Root Lifter evenly throughout hair for all-over volume without weighting it down
- Blew-out hair with medium-sized bore bristle brush for a soft, natural finish
- Applied MATRIX Design Pulse Mega Dust to the roots for extra texture, volume and hold
- Gathered hair at the top of the head in a pony-tail. Secured with elastic, letting the front and side pieces around the hairline loosely fall out for a wispy, feminine look.
- With a soft brush or comb, gently teased the roots of the pony tail to add more volume
- Loosely pinned hair into an undone bun shape, crisscrossing bobby pins for extra hold
- Gently swooped bangs across forehead, securing them to the side with Lanvin hair accessory
- Sprayed MATRIX Total Results Amplify Hairspray all over for all-night hold
- Finished off the look with Biolage colorcarethérapie Shine Shake Spray for a high-gloss, chic finish