Statuesque by Matrix
1. Prep hair by applying a thermal protective spray and smoothing with a fl atiron. Create hair pads by placing hair fi ller into nets. Create a small, tight bun in the center back of the head. This will serve as the anchor for the hair pad.Photo 2 of 9
2. Place two pads over the bun, as shown, and pin into place.Photo 3 of 9
3. Cover the pads with hair.Photo 4 of 9
4. Secure the end of the pads with elastic and the base of the pads with a ribbon.Photo 5 of 9
5. Gather the tip of the style into a hair net for control and polish.Photo 6 of 9
6. Finish with decorative ribbon at the base and tip as shown.Photo 7 of 9
AFTERPhoto 8 of 9
BEFOREPhoto 9 of 9
The Smiths are known for their avant-garde work and they have the awards to prove it.
Here, they demonstrate an elaborate upstyle— created with a foundation of hair pads—that can be exaggerated for avantgarde work or subdued for a salon client.
Braided & Bubbled by Matrix