Paul Mitchell's Gathering: Mission I'mpossible Accomplished
John Paul DeJoria speaks at the first day of The GatheringPhoto 2 of 21
The Forever Blonde portion of the opening show.Photo 3 of 21
The curly carousel riders.Photo 8 of 21
Apparel could be custom cut, distressed, shredded and made one-of-a-kind in the mall.Photo 9 of 21
John Anthony DeJoria (in white) as DJ at the Hollywood-themed party Monday night.Photo 12 of 21
The Peace, Love and Happiness Mall was open each day. JP's Peace, Love and Happiness Foundation benefited from the sales of JPMS merchandise, along with JPMS partner vendors.Photo 14 of 21
Super cool Pin Grip at the Mall. www.pingrip.comPhoto 17 of 21
The Gathering, Paul Mitchell System's annual assembly of hairdressers, distributors, educators, and the Paul Mitchell family, took place July 16 and 17 at the Aria Hotel in Las Vegas. Themed "I'MPOSSIBLE" attendees were encouraged throughout to go beyond their boundaries, to strive for excellence and to ingore naysayers. Monday morning kicked off with a stage show to rival anything on the Vegas Strip.
John Paul DeJoria, Co-founder and CEO, welcomed the nearly 3500 attendees. "A big part of our culture is having fun and being excited." This launch into The Gathering offered both (see videos below).
Heard at The Gathering:
"When we're doing exciting things, people want to help, they want to be part of something special. The word is 'synergism': 1 + 1 doesn't equal 2. Coming together like this makes us something bigger then we all are individually."--John Paul DeJoria, Co-founder and CEO
"My Dad (Paul Mitchell) had a Volkswagen that was so rusted you could see through the bottom of it. Everytime my parents parked, a tow truck would come take it away because they thought it was abandoned."--Angus Mitchell, Co-owner and Artistic Director of Education talking about the improbable, humble beginnings of John Paul Mitchell Systems.
"I'll tell you what's possible. I failed the State Boards a number of times and now I'm in the Milady Textbook!"--Robert Cromeans, Global Artistic Director
"When all else fails, just work really, really hard. Volunteer for everything. Be the most positive person in the room."--Winn Claybaugh, Dean of Paul Mitchell Schools
"The only place I ever felt at home was a hair salon. It was the most magical place I ever entered."--Stephanie Kocielski, VP of Education
"I said, 'I want to go to Hollywood' and nobody thought I would but I'm here because I'm possible."-- Diana Schmidtke, Celebrity Men's Grooomer who has worked on the famous heads of countless Hollywood leading men.
- The introduction of the amped-up Sports Marketing Program and the athletes.
- Product launch of Curls and the Curl Confessional Booths.
- Customized JPMS gear at The Mall and a demo of Pin Grip.
- John Anthony DeJoria, John Paul's son, spinning as DJ at the Hollywood Party.
- Watching the Artistic Directors transform eight already-blonde models into forever bombshells on stage, in minutes.
- The crowded classrooms, the enthusiastic educators, and the committment of the JPMS crew to keeping everything moving smoothly.
- Baby Sophia.
* The new Curls System was introduced with a carousel theme: curls and carousels, they both go round.
* MITCH, the men's line of grooming products, took the stage--and shook it. Extreme athletes, dancers, gymnasts, skateboarders, and even nunchucks.