Dramatic Braid at Jason Wu
Braids in all shapes and sizes were alive and well during Merceds Benz Fashion Week. Odile Gilbert, for Kérastase Paris. created a dramatic, thick braid for the Jason Wu spring 2013 collection presented last week. The overall look was inspired by Helmet Newton...chic, sophisticated and elegant.
Here she offers steps:
1. Create a long, deep part
2. Section off the hair into two sections - front and back - spray each section lightly with strong spray (Odile used Double Force by Kerastase)
3. Take the section at the back of the head and create an African braid.
4. Tuck the end of the braid underneath creating a chignon
5. Slick back one side of the front of the head with an eilixer (Odile used Elixir Ultime Rose Millenaire by Kerastase) for a chic, strong effect
6. Create a single finger wave on the other side of the part, also slicking back with an elixer for shine and texture
7. Spray the entire head to hold the style.