5 Great Tips for Marketing Waxing Services
Hair removal, especially waxing, can be one of the most profitable services in the spa. It can also be one of the most overlooked. With the help of one of the industry’s most knowledgeable hair removal experts, we’re answering your questions each month, covering everything from the business of hair removal to the latest techniques and trends. You send your questions and we’ll do our best to get you the answers! This month, Shala Dveirin gives you her best marketing tips for waxing services.
Q. I have been an esthetician for seven years. Do you have any tips to market waxing services? My business has declined in the past years and I just can't figure it out. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
A. There are lots of ways to market your waxing services, from special promotions to client incentives. Here are a few ideas to get you going:
- Create frequent client cards; kind of like those ones you get at a local sandwich shop. Offer your clients a punch card where after six waxes they get one free. Creating consistent regular clients is the key to keeping them consistent regular clients.
- Have special events at your spa or salon. Create a Touch Up Tuesday, or Get Ready for the Weekend Thursday. Offer discounted services, food, etc. To really make it special, donate a portion of the proceeds of the night to a local charity. Invite the press or local news and see your business grow.
- Always gather every client’s address and e-mail. Keep this list organized and use them! Send out monthly specials to your clients. Send e-mail blasts, and if you have not seen a client for a few months send them a special “I’ve missed you” card with a special promotion.
- Offer something special. This I cannot stress enough. Do something special for your clients every time you see them. Take the service a step further than the usual. Put nice cool stones on the client after the service. Use mineral make-up to cover up just waxed eyebrows and fill them in for your client. Take the extra minute to offer a special touch they do not get anywhere else. They will remember this and they will be back.
- Have giveaways. Offer incentives for booking and coming to the salon. Offer monthly giveaways or random drawings for complimentary services.
Have a question for our resident hair removal expert? Send an e-mail to [email protected] and you may find your answer in the next issue of Renew Reports: Skin Care!
Shala Dveirin is the president and founder of A-List Skin where she has used her experience as a physician’s consultant and licensed esthetician to launch her own product line, REHAB – a complete post-hair removal skin care solution. As a top trainer and educator for Adriel International, Dveirin teaches classes on Brazilian waxing and Brazilian 3D (dyes diamonds and designs), brow design, and basic waxing skills. For more information please contact her via e-mail at [email protected].