5 Expert Tips for Clipper Cutting
Tone McGill, Andis educator
If you've been paying attention, you know barbering and men's style is your ticket to more tickets.
Here are McGill's top five expert tips for clipper cutting (shear-style cutting with clippers):
- Maintenance. Use oil on tools to prevent overuse.
- Choose wisely. The right tool will increase your speed, so make the right choice.
- Get wet. Dampen the hair to prevent splinters.
- Take time. Spend spare moments polishing your tools to keep them in good shape.
- Point cut. Use mechanical shears to point cut on straight hair.