5 Tips to Style a Modern Bouffant
Michael's Salon and Day Spa in Centerville, Ohio shared their latest look: a retro bouffant up-do with a modern twist. This hair is all about volume and softness.
The team at Michael's gave us their tips to achieve the look:
1. Make hair big on top by backcombing, but not on the sides.
2. Taper the cut in the back to get the ideal effect for the backcombing.
3. Brush the hair back to get a cotton candy look and hide the teasing underneath.
4. Use hair products that keep the hair soft but provide a lot of body.
5. Bend the hair with a large curling iron to create movement.
Models: Jasmine-Nicole Miller and Brittany "Monroe" Minton
Hair and Makeup: Michael's Salon and Day Spa
Photography: Michael Schuh