People’s Choice Awards: Karina Smirnoff’s Tousled Updo
Matrix Biolage Cleansing ConditionerPhoto 3 of 5
Matrix Biolage Whipped MousePhoto 4 of 5
Matrix Biolage Complete Control Fast-Drying HairsprayPhoto 5 of 5
Karina Smirnoff dazzled with a romantic updo, courtesy of celebrity hairstylist George Papanikolas, at the People’s Choice Awards on January 7. Here Papanikolas shares his steps and the products used to create the updo.
GET THE LOOK:
1. Start by washing hair with the Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Fine Hair.
2. Apply Matrix Biolage Whipped Mouse.
3. Flip hair upside down and rough dry.
4. Spray hair with Matrix Biolage Complete Control Fast-Drying Hairspray and use a one inch curling iron.
5. Curl each section away from the face and pin it up with clips so it can set.
6. Spray the hair with Matrix Design Pulse Clean Remix Instant Dry Shampoo.
7. Take down the back area of the hair first and create a square.
8. Make a ponytail with the hair in the square, making it an anchor.
9. Take down the rest of the curls and pin each piece to the anchor.
10. Spray hair once more with the Matrix Biolage Complete Control Fast Drying Hairspray.