5 Ways to Blueprint Your Client's Beauty Strengths and Weaknesses
It's advanced hairdressing made simple. Based on a marriage of art and science, Bella’s Secret is a comprehensive training program created to turn you into a master hairstylist in months rather than years. It's an insider's guide to haute hairdressing.
For any skill level, Bella's Secret consists of fun and easy to remember steps which make up the "Five Pillar System." Described in more detail below, each pillar is a subtle yet secret step used by all professionals to consistently produce beautiful results.
By understanding which beauty characteristics to minimize or maximize, Bella's Secret will help you increase your revenue, learn to work more efficiently and achieve the desired look your going for.
Here, Bella's Secret offers a blueprint for analyzing your client's beauty strengths and weaknesses:
- Head & Body proportions: Beauty is about balance. Thus, creating the perfect proportion from head to body is one of the most important factors in hair design.
- Bone structure of the head: Similar to the foundation and support structure of a modern building, understanding your client's bone structure will enable you to create complex and durable hair designs that are appealing on the face.
- Fabric of the hair: A great dressmaker understands how to use different fabrics to create designs that suit the fabrics. Similarly, a great hairdresser must understand the different types of hair to create perfect hairstyles. From chiffon to silk to denim, each client's hair and texture is different and must be considered when choosing a style.
- Grade/Health of the hair: Having a clear understanding of the grades of sensitivity ranging from S1 to S5, enables you to choose the right styling tools based on the simple science of analyzing a single strand of hair. Finding the broken parts of that hair, aids you in determining what products and treatments will help repair the damage and improve the condition of the hair.
- Face Shape: Generally, there are seven distinct face shapes: oval, round, square, diamond, heart shaped, pear shaped and oblong. When designing hairstyles we are always trying to create the illusion that each client has the ideal face shape, which is oval. The shape of the face is one of the most important factors to consider when styling hair. Face shapes should be analyzed from a side angle while paying close attention to the outer lines.