HOW-TO: Purple & Wild Orchid Highlights on a Disconnected A-Line Haircut
FINISHED LOOKPhoto 1 of 4
BEFOREPhoto 2 of 4
BEFOREPhoto 3 of 4
AFTERPhoto 4 of 4
Angie the client walked into Gina Atkinson Salon in Las Vegas with a long, grown-out ombre. As you can see in the before photo (slides 2 & 3), she’s a natural level 1-2 on top and there’s purple ombre cascading down her hair.
“My guest said she wanted to cut off her hair for a while, and that she never had short hair before,” said owner Gina Atkinson (@ginaatkinson). “When she came in and sat down she said, ‘Make me an anime character!’
Atkinson said she enjoyed transforming this client because it left her a lot of room for creativity!
- "We started with her haircut first, on wet hair. I sectioned out a star pattern on her crown area and clipped it out of the way. Then, we cut a normal A-line with a slight graduation. Then let down the star pattern that had been sectioned out to create her disconnected pieces and cut as needed."
- "Since she already had some previously highlighted pieces, I balayaged highlights on her disconnected pieces using Redken Flashlift with 30 volume and let the hair process for 10 minutes."
- "I rinsed the hair (not using shampoo or conditioner). I towel dried the hair afterwards."
- "I applied PRAVANA Purple over all the previously highlighted pieces, leaving out the disconnects."
- "I applied PRAVANA Purple to the base of the disconnects blending into Pravana Wild Orchid at the ends."
- "I let the hair process for 25 minutes."
- "Then, I rinsed the hair with cool water and shampooed, conditioned and blow-dried."
- "I finshed the style with Paul Mitchell Spray Wax and Kenra Medium Hold Hairspray."