5 Ways to Prepare for a Salon Interview
5 ways to prepare for a Salon Interview
- Research: As with any job prospect, you must do your homework. Visit the salon’s website and each social platform to get a better idea of the products they sell, their target market and their mission statement. Make note of some key pieces of information to reference during the interview.
- Apparel: Dress for the job you want even though you may end up dressing casual on the job. Also, it’s best to make sure your hair and makeup align with current beauty trends so the company knows you will be in tune with future client requests
- Experience: Many salons require you to prove your skills and knowledge in a technical demonstration, also known as a trade test. Choose a style that best exhibits what you're capable of without presenting so much of a challenge that you can't pull it off effectively.
- Positivity: A good attitude is more important than you know – Salon owners want to hire a candidate who will radiate positivity because that gets reflected onto the clients. Show your passion for the job and that you’re eager to learn
- Rehearse: Prepare insightful answers to basic questions like, “Why do you want to work in the beauty industry?” and “What do you consider great customer service?” – You don’t want it to sound scripted but answering with ease will calm your nerves and theirs to ensure a smooth conversation