You Can't Win If You Don't Enter: Entries Now Open for the North American Hairstyling Awards
The Professional Beauty Association (PBA), owner of the North American Hairstyling Awards (NAHA), is proud to announce the opening of the 2016 entry process. Starting Thursday, Nov. 5, licensed professionals from hair, barber, nails, and makeup from the U.S., Canada and Mexico can enter the prestigious photographic competition. Entries are accepted online only and must be submitted by 11:00pm EST (8:00pm PST) February 11, 2016.
"The Professional Beauty Association is proud to bring the North American Hairstyling Awards (NAHA) back to Las Vegas for another year of inspiration. This competition highlights the creativity, caliber and class of our industry. It's a night for celebrating industry talent regardless if you are on stage or not," Steve Sleeper, Executive Director for the Professional Beauty Association says. "The entry process is open to all licensed hair, barber, nail and makeup professionals. PBA encourages both experienced professionals and up-and-coming industry talent to submit their work."
Online Resources for Entering NAHA:
PBA has created online tools to help support applicants and to assist them in preparing their award-winning collections.
* Webinar series: Deconstructing NAHA | a 3-Part Web Series featuring Charlie Price provides a behind-the-scenes look at the creative process from two-time NAHA Hairstylist of the Year winner, Charlie Price, as he builds a mock NAHA collection from initial concept, to final retouching, to judging.
* Part 1 - From Storyboard to Photoshoot
* Part 2 - The Collection Comes to Life
* Part 3 - Judging the Collection
To register for these webinars please visit: probeauty.org/deconstructingnaha
* 2016 International Salon and Spa Expo (ISSE) Presentation: Deconstructing NAHA: Charlie Price will bring this series to life on stage at ISSE 2016. Attendees can get inspired by viewing his collection up-close. For ISSE ticket information please visit probeauty.org/tickets/isselb
* Tips and Tricks List: To support industry professionals interested in entering, PBA provides a list of tips for entering the competition, posted at probeauty.org/naha and ongoing on PBA's social channels. A full list of tips can be found at probeauty.org/naha.
NAHA 2016 Event:
The Nail Professional of the Year: Returning for its second year as an official NAHA category. Certified nail technicians are eligible to enter and can show off a multitude of skills such as embellishments, nail art, and salon nails demonstrating the excellence and artistry of the nail industry.
People's Choice Award Category: With over 27,000 votes, the 2015 NAHA People's Choice was met with an overwhelming response. PBA is opening the category to all NAHA 2016 Finalists from all 14 categories again this year. Voting takes place on Facebook in May, 2016 after the NAHA Finalists have been announced.
Entry process fees are required at different price structures for PBA Members, Non-Members and Students. PBA Members (Professionals) can enter for $45.00 per category ($35.00 for Student Hairstylist of the Year), and Non-Members (Professionals) can enter for $90.00/per category ($70.00 for Student Hairstylist of the Year).