NYFW How-To: Modern Brigitte Bardot by L'Anza for 5:31 Jerome
Editorial and Runway Stylist Ammon Carver, L’Anza global creative director, created voluminous, '60s-inspired hair for the 5:31 Jerome Fall/Winter 2016 Collection. The look is a modern take on a classic and uses modern products to build on old techniques for an edgier effect.
"Jerome is a fan of full, voluminous hair and the women who dare to wear it," said Carver. "As a result, the look is Brigitte Bardot inspired but it’s the classic bombshell with a playful bad girl attitude. This plays well off Jerome’s fashion vision and his well-known music world clients, and combines classic fullness and height directed further back at the crown, a deeper center part, and more defined modern ends."
GET THE LOOK:
1. Start with a deep center part.
2. Take medium-sized sections at the crown, apply L'Anza Healing Style Powder Up Texturizer at the new growth area for grip, control and volume close to the head. Instead of sprinkling the powder, squeeze sides of the container so that product fluffs up in focused clouds for stronger, longer lasting height.
3. Next, back-comb sections throughout the hair using a small tooth-comb and fluff up more L’Anza Healing Style Powder Up Texturizer at the root as you work your way back and down.
4. Spray teased and texturized hair with L'ANZA Keratin Healing Oil Lustrous Finishing Spray to gently lock in place.
5. Once hair has been backcombed for height and shape, take a medium sized curling iron and with a light touch create soft, loose waves from mid-length to ends, quickly releasing hair as you work.
6. Clip waved sections in place to ensure lasting control and allow them to cool.
7. To finish, lightly brush out the curls into loose waves, and smooth over the backcombing at top of the head, blending into the rest of the hair. Apply L'Anza Keratin Healing Oil Hair Plumper with fingers to create detailed shine and modern definition on the ends.
For more information, visit lanza.com.