TIGI Chooses Top Ten Finalists for 2016 Inspirational Youth Program
TIGI has chosen ten Inspirational Youth finalists from hundreds of applicants to attend an intensive 6-day boot camp at the TIGI New York Academy where they will have the opportunity to develop and advance as hairdressers, individuals and as a team.
Inspirational Youth is a training program for hairdressers between the ages of 20-25. During a 6-day boot camp from April 26 through May 1, the TIGI Inspirational Youth team members will work closely iwth the TIGI International Creative Team to expand their technical and creative knowledge, enhance their presentation skills, learn about fashion and photographic work.
"When I began my career, my brothers gave me the opportunity, support and inspiration to experience photo shoots and shows, which gave me invaluable skills," says Anthony Mascolo, TIGI international artistic director and founder. "In turn, I want to provide today's young hairdressers with the chance to grow their talent. They are the future of our industry."
The 2016 TIGI Inspirational Youth finalists are:
- Anita Thammasine of Studio 31 Hair Lab in Houston, Texas
- Kate Perry of Dolce Vita Salon in Orlando, Florida
- Logan Lucas of Attitudes A Salon in Sylvania, Ohio
- Tara Gross of Salon 600 in Sayville, New York
- McKenzie McAuley of Attitudes A Salon in Maumee, Ohio
- Brittany Withouski of Salon De Ville in Coronado, California
- Kristin Tobar of Renaissance Academi in Provo, Utah
- Joey Gomez of Toni&Guy in Dallas, Texas
- Selena Hershberger of Grasshopper Salon in San Francisco, California
- Christina Magliocchetti of Salon Bella Vita in Pittsford, New York