6 Steps to a Rockstar Referral Program
One of the best ways to grow your salon business is to implement a solid referral strategy. We recently asked the Sola community what their number 1 source of new leads is…it’s no surprise that 45% said referrals! Another fun stat? According to the New York Times, 65% of new business comes from referrals!
Referrals are the most cost effective way to get new clients at your salon. Think about it: your current clients are literally walking talking advertisements for the work you do and the experience you provide. Plus, they know and love you. That’s why they return again and again! So they will be happy to recommend you and your services to someone they know.
Here are 6 tips to creating an effective referral program that rocks:
- Customer Service Is Always King. The first and most important thing of course is your client’s experience at your salon. Taking the time to make your existing customers feel extra special is absolutely essential if you want to get referral customers. Once you’ve built this established trust with your client, the rest will fall into place a little bit easier.
- Don’t Be Afraid To Ask. Referrals rarely happen for themselves; your clients might think your books are full! Tell your guest how much you enjoyed the experience having them in your salon and ask if they’d be willing to spread the word.
- Offer Rewards. Make sure that your rewards add value rather than provide discounts on your services. Your services are worth the price you charge, so think about using your rewards to incentivize retail purchases with special offers or using your rewards to introduce your client to a new service (deep conditioning treatment anyone?) We recommend creating a referral program that includes rewards for all parties involved!
- Arm Your Guest With The Right Tools. Send your clients home with business cards or even referral reward cards so when they have an opportunity to refer a friend to you, they can pass along all the details. Contact information is a must, along with a place for the person who made the referral to write in their name!
- Spread The Word. There are several ways to implement a referral program and tell your clientele about it: in salon, through social media, in an email newsletter. Nurture your important relationships and encourage future referrals at the same time!
- Express Gratitude. Always make sure to thank your clients for each and every referral!