HOW-TO: Multidimensional Brown With Cool Blonde Balayage Highlights
Hair: Ilham Mestour, Keune global creative artistic director; Kimm Koffijberg, Keune global color director; Studio Team; Olv Jeroen Struijlaard, Keune’s global creative master; Editha Kocks, Keune global creative master (photo credit: Keune)Photo By Keune
This blonding technique creates maximum color impact with minimal work. Adding a soft, cool tonality using Keune color to a natural level 6 complements the skin, while accentuating the hair’s natural texture.
FORMULA & APPLICATION
Natural level 6
Formula 1: 60 g (2.1 oz) Keune Tinta Color 3017 (Ultra Ash Violet Blonde) with 120 ml (4 oz) 9% (30-volume) Tinta Cream Developer
Formula 2: 60 g (2.1 oz) 3011 (Ultra Ash Blonde) with 120 ml (4 oz) 9% (30 volume) Tinta Cream Developer
Formula 3: 30g (1 oz) 7.19 (Medium Matte Blonde) + 30 g (1 oz) 8.52 (Light Mahogany Pearl Blonde) with 60 ml (2 oz) 9% (30-volume) Tinta Cream Developer
1. Part-off and clip away five sections. Create one rectangular section on the top of the head that extends from below the crown to the front hairline. Then create two side sections that start below the crown and move to behind the ear. Divide the back in half vertically to create the last two sections.
2. Take a horizontal slice at the front hairline of the top rectangular section. Direct hair toward the face. Use Formula 1 to paint this section, with a V-shaped application. Use a transparent foil, and saturate the length and ends. Cover to protect.
3. Weave out the next horizontal parting. Overdirect the hair toward the face. Apply Formula 2 from scalp to ends and seal in a foil packet.
4. Using Formula 3, balayage the next parting. Saturate the lengths and ends, sweeping the color toward the scalp.
5. Continue alternating the three formulas and techniques throughout the rectangular section. Then repeat on the side and back sections, using horizontal partings. Process 40 minutes, rinse thoroughly and cleanse.