Get it Light: Babylights Formula, Application and Tips for Success
The sunkissed, 'born this way' effect created by babylighting--taking tiny sections of hair and placing small separations between foils so highlights blend with the base--is a color technique that mimics the subtle, dimensional hair color seen on children’s hair. While the final look is natural and seemingly effortless, the process takes time, talent and tools. While you bring the first two, L’Oréal Professionnel provides the right tools and, below, some tips for taking your client back to their very baby best.
BASE COLOR FORMULA
FORMULA 1: 1 oz. Blond Studio Multi-Techniques Powder + with 1 oz. 30-vol. Majicrème Developer
• Create a profile parting from the center of the forehead to the nape of the neck and a radial parting from the control point to behind the ears, separating the hair into quadrants.
• Working in the back quadrants, work left to right starting at the top of the occipital bone, apply Formula 1 in horizontal extra fine stitches. Apply highlights in a brick lay pattern up to the radial parting. Isolate with the double fold foil method.
• Moving to the front right quadrant, apply Formula 1 in diagonal back extra fine stitches, working up to the part line. Isolate with the double fold foil method.
• Repeat technique on the opposite side of the head.
• Process to desired level of lightness and rinse and remove.
• Distribute the product evenly from retouch to ends for complete saturation within the highlight.
• Babylights can be achieved with foils or open-air lightening techniques.
REMOVAL AND RINSING
• Wet, emulsify, rinse and shampoo twice with L’Oréal Professionnel Post Color Shampoo.
• Condition and lock in the color with Série Expert Powerdose Color A·OX in-salon treatment.