Joico Formula: Confetti by Sue Pemberton
Color: Sue Pemberton | Photographer: Hama Sanders
A sweet, edgy look by Sue Pemberton bursts with Joico candy-colored vibrancy.
FORMULA & APPLICATON
Existing color: level 11-12, very light, pale blonde
Formula 1: Joico Color Intensity Rose
Formula 2: Color Intensity Lilac
Formula 3: Color Intensity Sky
Formula 4: Color Intensity Mint
1. Working off the center part, take two back-to-back horizontal slices and apply Formula 1 2½ inches from the scalp through the ends. Feather the formula toward the scalp to avoid a harsh line. On the third slice, apply Formula 1 in the same manner, but use Formula 2 the last 3 inches.
2. Continue taking horizontal slices and applying Formula 2 (feathered two inches from the scalp) and Formula 3 (from the midshaft to the ends).
3. While pivoting, take a diagonal-sliced parting and feather Formula 2 two inches from the scalp, then Formula 3 from the midshaft to the ends. Next, take two diagonal sliced partings and feather Formula 3 two inches from scalp to the ends (feathering the formula toward the scalp as before). Take three additional diagonal back-to-back slices and apply Formula 4.
4. Proceed to the opposite side and repeat the entire procedure.
5. Working horizontally in the back, take slices and apply color in the following order: two partings Formula 1; two partings Formula 1 feathered at the scalp and Formula 2 on ends; four partings with Formula 2 feathered through midshaft and ends; two partings with Formula 2 feathered at scalp and Formula 3 on ends; and two staggered partings with Formula 3 through midshaft and ends. Foil remaining hair with Formula 4.
6. Process 20 minutes, rinse, shampoo and seal in the color.