FORMULA HOW-TO: Flat, Near-Black to Bright, Rich Brunette
Brittany Prigmore (@hellabrittany on Instagram) from Blondies Salon (@blondies209) in Stockton, California inspires such loyalty that her client, Michele. travelled to her from Sacramento. We were impressed by the lovely transition she helped her client make--from dark, flat, near-black to a bright, rich brunette-- and it is perfect to share during #BrunetteWeek.
"Michele needed a hair makeover!" said Prigmore. "She hadn't had her hair done in over a year. Her color was blended in with her natural outgrowth (2n).This was a very long, all day process but the outcome was worth it and she loves her hair!
FORMULA AND STEPS from Brittany:
1. I started out by applying Joico's Vero Light with 30 volume from line of demarcation to an inch above the ends.
2. I let that process for about 20 minutes without heat. I then applied Joico's cream bleach with 20 volume from the scalp to the line of demarcation and also to the ends.
3. After the hair was done processing with the bleach, I shampooed her hair and blow dried it. I then started with the second process.
4. I applied 7g by Vero K-pak from the scalp to the line of demarcation to fill it. After I let that process I wiped the color off and started to balayage a few pieces with foils through out her hair to give her natural looking highlights with Joico's cream bleach and 20 volume.
5. On the rest of the hair I applied 1/2 6n + 1/2 6b by Vero K-PaK with 10vol to even everything out and make everything blend seamlessly.
6. After letting that process I shampooed her hair with Enjoy sulfate free shampoo and applied 7wr by Wella to her highlights and let that process for 10 minutes.
7. I then rinsed and used Enjoy hydrating conditioner and let that sit on her hair for 5 minutes.
8. I then trimmed her hair to get the ends off and began styling. I used It's a 10 leave in conditioner, and Joico's heat protectant before blow drying.
9. I then used a one- inch curling iron with Bed Head Headrush shine spray and Bed Head Masterpiece hair spray. I like to curl my client's hair by using the method of wrapping around the barrel like you would with a wand. It gives a nice beachy wave. With this client I brushed it and made it look like a nice natural wave.