4-Step Strategy for Selling Skin Care to More Clients During the Holidays
“The Hempz Mistletoe Kisses display, also exclusively for CosmoProf and Armstrong McCall, holds tubes that are larger than typical lip balms,” Hempz’s Joseph DeMartino reports. “This silky, hydrating formula is one of my favorites that we’ve ever done!”Photo By Hempz Photo 2 of 4
Pharmagel Holiday KitPhoto By Pharmagel Photo 3 of 4
"Drop a Butter Blend into an organza bag with a piece of candy as a gift to every client. At under 75 cents each, this give you an easy way to delight clients with high-quality products." -Patricia Freund, Cuccio NaturalePhoto By Cuccio Naturale Photo 4 of 4
Skin care really comes into its own during the holidays. This is your opportunity to cross-sell hair clients to your skin care services and upsell skin care clients to more treatments. Even if you don’t offer esthetic services, it’s a great time to focus on whole-body, total beauty, with seasonally packaged retail.
“Carry items that clients can purchase as gifts,” advises Jennifer Jeziorski, vice president of sales and marketing for Pharmagel.
“The large retailers know that the highest retail sales occur during the holidays,” observes Cuccio Naturalé President Patricia Freund. “People are looking everywhere they go for holiday purchases. They come to the salon for services, but they appreciate the help you give them by offering a wonderful gift selection.”
Freund suggests a four-step strategy for creating joy in the season of beautiful skin:
- Start early, and build the momentum. Stage a holiday preview area upfront in your retail area. Develop a menu of gift offerings to hand out; when clients need a gift, this will remind them of where they saw it.
- Make sure when guests walk into your spa/salon, they know it is the holiday season. Go ahead and be obvious!
- The holidays are stressful for clients. Offer services that help them manage stress in opposite ways: express treat-ments that save them time during a busy day of errands, and pampering services that provide relaxation.
- Keep fast and easy nail art available so that clients can stop by for quick holiday-themed manicures and pedicures. Joseph DeMartino, director of marketing, product development and public relations for Hempz, recommends grouping your retail displays by brand.
- “Our prepacks have been created with great artwork and a specific design,” he explains. “Merchandise them together, because they tell a story and have an impact visually that is lost when they’re scattered throughout retail shelves. A solid block makes a strong impact.”