Top Trends at the 2017 Golden Globes
At last night's Golden Globe Awards, natural texture dominated the runways, while playful trends like elaborate braids and bold nails added pops of interest. Scroll through to see our favorite looks of the night!
The Stallone Sisters
Sistine, Sophia and Scarlet Stallone were the 2017 Miss Golden Globes, an annual title awarded by the Hollywood Foreign Press. Oribe editorial stylist Jonathan Colombini created the looks for all three sisters using Oribe Hair Care.
GET THE LOOK
- Prep damp hair with Oribe’s Maximista Thickening Spray to create volume and texture.
- Apply Oribe's Split End Seal to ends to help smooth and add shine.
- Divide hair into sections, and use a 1-inch curling iron to create loose waves.
- Prep damp hair with Oribe’s Imperial Blowout Transformative Styling Crème and blow dry.
- Create Marcel waves and set for an hour. After an hour, pull the curls out and softly flat iron on low heat to create a beautiful wave.
- Flip your head upside down and spray Oribe’s Superfine Hair Spray all over.
- Spray Oribe's Volumista Mist for Volume onto dry hair.
- Flip the head upside down and blow dry to create volume.
- Set the hair with a curling iron and spray Oribe's Volumista Mist for Volume on the curls to act as a setting lotion.
- Create a halo braid and smooth with a bit of Oribe’s Rough Luxury Molding Paste.
- Set the style with Oribe’s Superfine Hair Spray.
Spencer was nominated for Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in Any Motion Picture for her part in Hidden Figures. Oribe editorial stylist David Stanwell styled her hair.
GET THE LOOK
- Prep hair with Oribe’s Maximista Thickening Spray and blow out with a round brush.
- Divide hair into sections and use a curling iron to create effortless waves. Make sure to keep the ends of the hair straight for a young, sexy look.
- Spray Oribe’s Dry Texturizing Spay throughout the roots to give hair lift and texture.
- Use Oribe’s Superfine Hair Spray to smooth out fly-aways.
Chastain’s Golden Globes look was created by Celebrity Hairstylist Renato Campora for Moroccanoil. The presenter and nominee for Best Performance By An Actress in a Motion Picture Drama (Miss Sloane) donned a modern yet feminine look that takes a twist on the classic fishtail braid.
GET THE LOOK
- On damp hair, use a dime sized amount of Moroccanoil Treatment to provide the perfect foundation for styling.
- Next, apply Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse and work through the hair from mid-lengths to ends.
- Blow dry hair using a Moroccanoil 35 MM Boar Bristle Round Brush to smooth and straighten.
- Apply Moroccanoil Styling Gel Strong to create shine and to smooth any baby hairs down. Part hair to the side and lock into a low bun, leaving out a piece to braid.
- With remaining hair, create a very tight fishtail braid and wrap around the hair band.
- To finish, mist Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong for shine and long-lasting hold.
Turner wore a floor length structured Louis Vuitton gown. Her sophisticated hairstyle coupled with her graphic dress created a fashion forward look that gave her a sleek edginess on the red carpet. Wella Professionals Stylist Christian Wood discussed giving Turner a grown-up look that is, “modern, clean and simple to create a unique fashion moment.”
GET THE LOOK
- Wash and condition hair using Wella Professionals Oil Reflections Luminous Reveal Shampoo and Wella Professionals Oil Reflections Luminous Instant Conditioner.
- On clean, damp hair apply Wella Professionals EIMI Root Shoot Mousse throughout the entire head to create tackiness and texture.
- Next, blow dry section by section starting at the nape of the head to create a smooth, shiny finish.
- Apply 1-2 pumps of Wella Professionals Oil Reflections Luminous Smoothening Oil into the palms of the hands and work throughout hair from root to tip.
- Starting at the nape of the neck, straighten the entire head while brushing all over and apply Wella Professionals EIMI Sugar Lift at the roots for a textured hold.
- Tuck both sides of hair behind the ear, bringing one side of the lengths out in front of the body.
- Finish off the look by spraying Wella Professionals EIMI Stay Firm Finishing Hairspray onto a powder brush and moving throughout the lengths in a downward motion to remove flyways and frizz, completing the modern, sleek look.
Hollywood Nail Artist Deborah Lippmann worked with Amy Adams, who was nominated for “Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture – Drama” for her role as Dr. Louise Banks in Arrival. Lippmann gave Adams a deeply intense nail that accented the actress’ chic look.
“I absolutely love working with Amy Adams,” Lippmann says. “She’s wearing a stunning Tom Ford dress. She wanted to be a little more adventurous for the nails tonight. The entire glam squad weighed in! Between the dark, shimmery dress and bold Cartier jewelry, I created a strong, dark color to perfectly complement her look.”
GET THE LOOK
- Deborah prepped the nails using her signature 5-step manicure technique: First, she cleansed the nails with The Stripper nail lacquer remover, shaped the nails with her Smooth Operator 4-way nail buffer, exfoliated with Cuticle Remover, and hydrated the hand and nails with Rich Girl SPF 25 Hand Cream and The Cure, respectively.
- Deborah applied a layer of Gel Lab Base Coat to correct and conceal imperfections, brighten, prime and fill ridges for a smooth matte flawless finish before lacquer application.
- Next, she applied one coat (two coats for pedicure) of the deep, intense aubergine nail lacquer, Dark Side Of The Moon.
- Then, she applied a layer of magnetic, red-burgundy, Single Ladies, for an intensely deep finish.
- She topped off the look with a layer of Gel Lab Top Coat.
- After allowing the nails to dry one minute, she applied a drop of the NEW quick dry drops, The Wait Is Over.