How-To: Pastel Orchid Blends From Pretty Pink to Smokey Lavender
Pravana Artistic Educator Presley Poe (@presleypoe) transformed her client's color into a blushing orchid blend of pastel pink, magenta and lavender. Using Vivids XL, Pravana's new extra large tubes of top Chromasilk Vivids colors, Poe created this stunning color, as well as the makeup and wardrobe styling. On Instagram, Poe names one of her role models and describes the journey she has been on to create beautiful hair and photo shoots:
"Every since the first time I saw a photo from the amazingly talented @daryna_barykina I was obsessed with hair in motion and vowed to one day be able to take my own photos of my work in a similar way. This shoot was my first attempt. If you would've told me a year ago that I could take a halfway decent picture of anything I would've laughed you out of the room! But with time and persistence I am proud to be on my trajectory! @pravana gave me the incentive to work my bunz off and documenting my work just fueled the fire!"
GET THE LOOK
1. Pre-lighten hair to level 10 with Pure Light Power Lightener and developer of choice.
2. Shampoo, condition and dry completely.
3. Apply VIVIDS XL Wild Orchid to base.
4. Create pie-shaped subsections at the apex. Apply VIVIDS XL Wild Orchid 1” above the ears and 2” above the occipital.
5. Apply VIVIDS XL Silver + VIVIDS XL Clear to crown.
6. Apply VIVIDS Pink + VIVIDS XL Clear to bangs.
7. Process 20 to 30 minutes at room temperature.
8. Shampoo, condition and protect with the VIVIDS Color Protect aftercare line
9. Style as desired.