How to Build a Successful Holiday Campaign for Your Salon
Happy holidays start with making a list, checking it twice. Here’s a calendar outline to use as a guide to customize your own holiday schedule, courtesy of CosmoProf. Involve your sales consultant and key staff to gather resources and brainstorm ideas.
• Review Holiday 2013 results and set budget/sales goals for 2014
• Review the Holiday Pre-book with CosmoProf salon consultant
• Brainstorm promotional plan and Holiday Pre-book order
• Decide your holiday sales promotion strategy and merchandising theme
• Plan final inventory with your salon consultant
• Schedule holiday kick-off staff meeting
• Hold staff meeting to communicate holiday plan
• Start holiday marketing initiatives (in-salon, social media, print, etc.)
• Set date for early client holiday event to unveil holiday promotions, incentivizing early purchase, multiple gift purchases, pre-booking of services, gift certificate sales, etc.
• Update and order special holiday merchandising items—gift certificates, bags, decorations
• Receive your holiday gift order/inventory
• Communicate holiday promotions to clients with bounce-back offers for Jan/Feb, referral offers, mini treatment demos and retail samples with holiday messages and gift ideas
• Decorate and merchandise the salon, from check-in to backbar, to consistently support and promote holiday offers; take photos and review with team, keep in records
• Host consumer holiday event
• Review November/December issues of CosmoProf Beauty Span and Shopping Guide, and MODERN SALON for tips, trends and techniques for holiday looks
• Promote last-minute holiday ideas for clients
• Plan after-holiday sale and offers for end of the month
JANUARY—Celebrate your success!
• Regroup with team to discuss what worked and what to change or add to holiday plans for 2015
• Update and file records of your holiday sales, notes and photos