FASHION WEEK: How to Rock a Chic Pony as Seen at Trina Turk
For Trina Turk's AW '13 collection seen at New York's Merceds Benz Fashion Week, Martin-Christopher Harper for Cutler/Redken created a style to go along with Turk's "California bohemian chic" inspiration.
"I wanted to channel Marisa Berenson and Jane Forth, the 1960s and 1970s Harper’s Bazaar and Vogue cover models, and felt a simple, chic low ponytail was very wearable on and off the runway.”
To create the look:
1. Spray damp hair with Redken Clear Moisture Instant Polishing Prep Leave-In Cutting and Detangling Lotion, followed by Cutler Specialist Volumizing Spray and brush hair throughout.
2. Create a center part and blow dry straight with a paddle brush.
3. While grabbing hair into a low ponytail, tilt head slightly forward so that the hair sits slightly over the ears and secure with a hair tie at the nape of the neck, right at the occipital bone.
4. Wrap a small section of hair around the hair tie and secure with a bobby pin.
5. Spray hair all over with Redken Forceful 23 Super Strength Finishing Spray followed by Redken Control Addict 28 High Control Hairspray to keep the style in place.