L’Oréal Professionnel Master Session Artist, Joseph DiMaggio, created the look for the women and men for the Timo Weiland fall 2012 collection shown yesterday at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week. We were there as Joseph moved from chair to chair adding the finishing touches to what he describes as "St. Mark's inspired looks." The press release for the designers for Timo Weiland refer to the “orbital romance” discovered at "St. Mark’s Place in New York City’s East Village when downtown was a haven for artists, musicians, as well as stargazers. Channeling the vibe of this downtown neighborhood, the hair brought the entire look together."
Joseph and his team, created effortless silhouettes which were prepped with L’Oréal Professionnel Texture Expert and Homme products, then roughed up to create volume. The final touch for the female look was a low pony tied with a thin black cord. To create this look for women, DiMaggio sprayed L’Oréal Professionnel Fresh Dust dry shampoo throughout hair to add volume and texture. "It's very lived in and natural," he says. "The hair falls from a natural parting and is directed back to a low pony."
For the textured, lived in look for men, DiMaggio utilized a combination of L'Oréal Professionnel Homme Clay, L'Oréal Professionnel Homme Mat, and L'Oréal Professionnel Homme Strong. "It's cool and hip," he says. "Natural without any hard partings."
Not only do we show you how to get the look here, we also were able to grab two videos with Joseph. One shows him finishing a male model, and the second was VERY special. While grabbing a finished female model, designer Alan Eckstein walked by and offered his thoughts about Joseph saying "He is a wonderful man with a wonderful idea." Wow. He is!
GET THE LOOK: Women
- Apply L'Oréal Professionnel Curl Satin throughout hair.
- Section hair at the crown by allowing it to fall at the natural part.
- Spray NEW L’Oréal Professionnel Fresh Dust all over and under hair to create volume and a controlled messy texture.
- Place the heavy side of the natural part over the ear, and tuck the light side behind the other ear.
- Pull hair back into a loose low ponytail.
- Spray L'Oréal Professionnel Volume Expand Volumizing Leave-in Spray onto palms; rub together or heat with blow dryer, then hover over crown/parted section of the hair to create natural volume.
- Front pieces can fall; do not need to be pinned back.
- Finish off the look with L'Oréal Professionnel Infinium 3 hairspray.
GET THE LOOK: Men
- Use L'Oréal Professionnel Homme Clay or L'Oréal Professionnel Homme Mat to the lengths to add a lived-in texture to the hair.
- Apply L'Oréal Professionnel Volume Expand Volumizing Leave-in Spray to create volume, and L'Oréal Professionnel Mythic Oil for shine.
- Roughly distribute L'Oréal Professionnel Homme Strong to lock texture in place.
- Finish off with L'Oréal Professionnel Infinium 3 Hairspray, and L'Oréal Professionnel Perfect Shimmer.