I just received the coolest.thing.ever. and everyone that uses it falls in love. It is Sam Villa’s Textur Iron—aka, the sweetest little microcrimper you’ve ever laid your eyes on.
My first time seeing a microcrimper like this was when I was in Paris for a photoshoot I did with Goldwell… John Simpson was using the microcrimper to create amazing texture, then Dimitrios used the texture to create an elegant, but funky, updo that really showed off the iron’s effects.
Once I got the iron, I couldn’t wait to try and replicate Dimitrios’ style. While my attempt at recreation wasn’t exactly something to be proud of… seriously, it was a hot mess, but the texture was sick!
“I wanted to bring a tool to market specifically designed for creating texture, and I wanted it to meet the highest standards of performance and durability,” explains Sam Villa, founding partner of the Sam Villa brand and Education Artistic Director for Redken 5th Avenue. Everyone at school who saw me using the iron wanted to have a piece of their hair crimped! And if they didn’t ask for it, I asked them! Check out some of the pics!
• Rotating Temperature Controls: Help protect the integrity of hair, each with colored LED indicators.
LOW = 375° for fine hair
COLOR TREATED = 392° for most hair types, especially for color treated hair
HIGH = 410° for virgin or highly resistant hair.
The Temperature Control Band is positioned at the end of the iron, which I've NEVER seen before, making it impossible to accidentally turn off the power while working!
• Snag Free Rounded Plates: Square plates snag hair, Sam Villa's exclusive rounded plates ensure a snag-free glide and significantly reduces the possibility of demarcations.
• Flexible Plate Assembly: A hybrid plate design gives complete control for even compression every time.
• Titanium Coated Plates: Makes it easy to keep plates clean.
• Ergonomic Benefits: Handles are designed to fit any hand size. The slightly longer body gives more control over the degree of compression with less wrist/hand fatigue.
Be sure to check it out!! samvilla.com