Aveda lead stylist Odile Gilbert created a soft, romantic “flat chignon” using Aveda Control Force Hair Spray at the Jason Wu Fall/Winter 2010 Fashion Week show in New York.
"The Jason Wu hair look for this season is all about charm—this is a look of romance and innocence. I took inspiration from Holly Hunter in the film The Piano," Odile Gilbert says.
HOW TO GET THE LOOK:
1. Prep damp hair with Aveda Smooth Infusion Glossing Straightener for added shine and straightness, and blow dry smooth with a flat brush.
2. Use a comb to create a clean part—either in the center or wherever hair parts naturally. Then pull hair into a loose ponytail at the nape of the neck, allowing hair on either side of the ponytail to cover the ears and rest at chin length. Spray with Aveda Control Force Hair Spray for all-day strong hold.
3. Wrap a 10-inch bungee elastic around the ponytail, criss-crossing it from top to bottom to create a braid-like pattern. Tie securely at the bottom and set with Aveda Control Force Hair Spray.
4. Wrap the braided ponytail into a flat chignon at the back of the head and secure with hair pins.
5. Allow a few loose pieces of hair to fall naturally around the face. The sides should be loose and romantic while the chignon is more tightly secured in place. Finish the look with Aveda Control Force Hair Spray for lightweight hold.