John Paul Mitchell Systems has gone back to the future by celebrating its 30th anniversary with a line launch that harkens back to the iconic Awapuhi Shampoo that started it all.
Company Co-Founders Paul Mitchell and John Paul DeJoria established a sustainable solar-powered farm 30 years ago in Hawaii to grow and harvest the awapuhi ginger root, which natives of the Islands had long recognized as a source for healing and restorative hair and skin care.
Awapuhi Shampoo was the first product in the John Paul Mitchell Systems vast collection of professional hair care products. With the growth of chemical services and thermal styling tools, salon clients can get just about any hair they want, but the price is often dry, damaged and moisture-starved hair. It is reported that more than 90 percent of the population describes their hair in these terms.
The Awapuhi Wild Ginger Luxury Hair Care line from John Paul Mitchell Systems is fortified with the company’s KeraTriplex blend to heal hair from the inside out. Kera Triplex, which is nearly identical to human hair protein, is derived from New Zealand sheep’s wool. The products are also sulfate free to protect and preserve hair color.
The eight-product Awapuhi collection is comprised of two keratin treatments, a shampoo, a conditioner, two texturizing products and two finishing products.
• Kera Triplex Treatments: step-one in the treatment process, this product is applied from a vial and the keratin protein is absorbed in the hair.
• Keratin Intensive Treatment: Step-two: A deep penetrating cream, this product is applied with 10 minutes of heat. It can also be retailed as a weekly, at-home treatment.
CLEANSING AND CONDITIONING
• Moisturizing Lather Shampoo: Sulfate-free shampoo that hydrates protects color and contains keratin protein to repair damage.
• Keratin Cream Rinse: A daily conditioner that detangles, strengthens and adds moisture and shine.
• Texturizing Sea Spray: Adds the coveted, tousled beach look while adding volume and movement.
• Styling Treatment Oil: A lightweight oil that eliminates frizz and adds softness, shine and silkiness.
• Finishing Spray: Provides flexible, shiny hold with humidity and UV protection.
• Shine Spray: Provides a natural finish with a fine, lightweight mist.
Robert Yates, vice president of marketing for John Paul Mitchell Systems, says this of the new line, “I’ve never been more excited about a product line than I an with the Awapuhi System. This line gets down to the basics—replenishing hair with moisture and keratin protein for strength. You can actually watch the moisture and protein working into the hair.”
John Paul Mitchell Systems is supporting the new line with an extensive consumer print advertising campaign designed to drive demand among salon clients. To learn more, visit paulmitchell.com.
To commemorate the company's 30th anniversary, John Paul Mitchell Systems has launched Awapuhi Wild Ginger Luxury hair care products, made with the awapuhi root found in Awapuhi Shampoo, the company's iconic first product.
The new Awapuhi Systems collection of treatment and finishing products, leaves hair full of moisture, strength and shine.