Turn up the glamour with an anything-but-basic ponytail, like the one Nicole Kidman showed off at the CMT Music Awards, courtesy of celebrity hairstylist David Babaii. The high, sleek style is complemented by a soft, sexy fringe that frames the face.
Want to achieve the complete look? We’ve got all of David’s steps right here!
All Getty images.
David Babaii's Steps:
1. First, I cut a bang using a lacing technique at the ends to create a soft wispy fringe.
2. Prior to blow drying, I applied a small amount of Couture Colour Pequi Oil Treatment through the hair. It is ideal for sealing the cuticle while repairing and strengthening each strand. Not to mention the shine!
3. Next, I dried her hair with a large round brush to smooth hair straight while bumping the ends under for a slight curl. To begin, I started by drying the nape area first and proceeded until her entire head was dry.
4. The bang area was smoothed with a medium size round brush, loosely cupping the ends under.
5. Finally, to achieve her high sleek ponytail, I went through her hair with additional Pequi Oil for added shine and control—plus it enhances her stunning red hair.
6. With a wide tooth comb, I gathered the sides top and nape area into a high ponytail, and secured with a band allowing shorter strands around the face to fall naturally to blend in with the newly cut bang.
Is this a look your clients will love? Tell us what you think of Nicole's glam pony below!