Just recently I visited Salon 110 in downtown Chicago and I received the Express Blow Out one-hour service by Keratin Complex!
(This service is just one part of Keratin Complex's FOUR Smoothing Services for all hair types. The other parts include: The LONG-TERM Smoothing Solution Natural Keratin Smoothing Treatment which lasts up to 5 months; The DAILY Styling Must-Have Infusion Keratin Replenisher, which enhances hair's health everyday; and The REPAIRING REMEDY Intense RX, which helps restore elasticity and reduce breakage in just one treatment.)
The service I chose to try out was the SPEEDY Smoother solution—Express Blow Out—which left my hair with smooth results right after application. If you are curious about the steps/process of this speedy smoothing solution check them out below:
1. Pour approximately 2 ounces of product into a bowl. Allow product to aerate for 10 to 15 minutes as client's hair is shampooed with Clarifying Shampoo.
2. Cleanse the hair twice with Keratin Complex Clarifying Shampoo.
3. Towel-dry until 80 percent dry.
4. Wear gloves during application. Section hair into 3 or 4 parts. Apply product with a tint brush to 2-inch sections of hair, beginning application 1/8-inch from the scalp through to the ends.
5. Using a fine-tooth comb remove excess solution onto a towel.
6. Blow-dry product into hair 100 percent to client's desired style.
7. Using a Keratin Complex Heat Therapy iron or 450° F professional iron, flatiron 1-to 2 inch sections starting at the nape of the neck. Slowly move the iron from the root to the ends, passing over each section 2-3 times.
8. For virgin hair, use 450° F. For chemically processed, and color-treated hair use 400-430° F. For over-processed, damaged and bleached blonde hair, use 380-400° F.
9. After a minimum of 8 HOURS cleanse hair with Keratin Complex Keratin Care or Color Care Shampoo and Conditioner.
According to Keratin Complex, the aftercare products to this treatment are very important to use because each of them contain Keratin (which will help uphold the results). Here is a selection of products from their new Style Therapy collection:
Keratin Care Shampoo: Gently cleanses hair without stripping nutrients and moisture. The sodium chloride-free formula contains Keratin to strengthen the cuticle and defend against future damage.
Keratin Care Conditioner: A daily-use conditioner that instantly hydrates and softens all hair types.
Keratin Color Care Shampoo: Extends the vibrancy of color-treated hair. This sodium chloride- and sulfate-free formula contains a special combination of Keratin, soy and wheat proteins for renewed strength and lasting color protection.
Keratin Color Care Conditioner: Leaves color-treated hair feeling smooth and silky. A hydrating blend of proteins provides the nourishment hair needs to stay strong, and healthy.
(These shampoos and conditioners come in Travel-size too!)
Volumizing Dry Shampoo Lift Powder: Gently cleanses without water and absorbs access oil. Great after workouts when you don't have time to shampoo. Now available in color-specific formulas for blondes and brunettes.
Intense RX: Repairs over-processed, highlighted, permed, straightened and relaxed hair.
Lock Launder Strengthening Dry Shampoo: Instantly eliminates excess oil and reside on contact for refreshed tresses. It utilizes a Keratin-infused formula to strengthen strands without stripping essential moisture, making it great for touch-ups.
Lock Luster Nourishing Spray Conditioner: Ultra-lightweight and strengthening This dry spray prevents damage caused by heat styling and blow-drying. Use on wet or dry hair.
For more information on the new Smoothing Services, aftercare products and Keratin Complex's new Style Therapy Collection, visit keratincomplex.com.