Actor Ryan Reynolds, recently named by PEOPLE Magazine’s, “Sexiest Man Alive,” not only physically emulates masculinity, strength and style, but so does his hair! “The key phrase here is precision texture,” says International Goldwell Guest Artist, John C. Simpson. “I know it’s a contradiction, but strength within a hair cut that has the perfect amount of texture keeps the illusion of a ‘slightly grown-in’ effect but with a masculine edge.”
Try it (steps from John himself!):
1. From occipital down taking center vertical sections utilizing the point cutting method, establish your guide from top to hairline to reduce the weight and length. Continue with vertical traveling guide and repeat from ear to ear.
2. From crown down to occipital, take a center vertical guide, the guide should be slightly longer than previous (1/8th”) Utilizing point cutting method, establish the length and amount of weight to be reduced, then continue from ear to ear with vertical traveling guide.
3. On both sides of the head from parietal ridge down, connect the sides utilizing the last section behind the ear, with a vertical traveling guide and point cutting method.
4. Working on the top lid within the parietal ridge, determine the length of the fringe then with a vertical forward section connect to the longest point of the crown with an ascending angle. Travel across the lid in vertical traveling guide utilizing the point cut method.
5. By combing everything forward and down, personalize and customize the shape. NOTE: Do not over cut this shape! Keep the “sexy” in every man wearing it.