Youâve probably heard it over and over again from your clients: They want beach waves! Itâs the hot trend this summer and if youâre getting a lot of clients asking for them, itâs important to also know how to properly educate them on how to achieve the look themselves.
Remember, what may be like second nature to you could be foreign information to your clients. Especially, if they never/rarely curl their hair. They may be wondering: How should I properly set my hair? In what direction should I curl my hair? What kinds of products should I use to retain the curl? How do I avoid crimped ends?
While all of these questions may seem obvious to you, they may not be so obvious to your clients. The better you educate your clients on how to get the look they want at home, AND the more successful you are at teaching them, the MORE client retention you will probably have. Clients will then feel like they can come to you solely for all their hair advice.
So are you ready to see how you can go about educating your client on curling and achieving those luxurious beach waves they have always dreamed of? T3 offers up some steps on the process:
Kate Hudson with her Beach Curls
PREPARE THE HAIR
1. Make sure your clients know their hair has to be completely dry before beginning. Let them know that by letting their hair dry naturally they can get the most out of any natural waves.
2. Tell them to comb through their hair and divide and section their hair into three parts, one at the crown of the head, two at the bottom, while leaving one part down to begin beachy waves.
3. Setting the dial on the curling iron to the appropriate temperature based on their hair type is very important. Evaluate their hair type and tell them the best setting.
CREATING LOOSE CURLS
1. Tell them to separate their hair into 1 to 2 inch thin sections from the part. SHOW THEM how to insert their hair into the bottom of the iron with the lever facing inwards toward the chin.
2. (Tip: many of your clients may not know this) Inform them to roll the iron outwards, AWAY from the face, towards the back of the head. (This will help them avoid the curling iron crease.) While they are rolling the hair make sure their hair does not overlap. The entire section of hair should be evenly wrapped around the barrel.
3. Make sure they hold the iron on their hair from 3 to 8 seconds to set the curl. Carefully unwind the curl.
FOR THE BEACH LOOK
1. Once the hair is curled and cooled completely, tell them to run their fingers through the curls to relax them.
To see the T3 video describing these steps go here. You will see how to teach your clients on how to create beachy waves with the Twirl 1.25 inch Curling Iron.
|T3 Twirl 1.25 inch Curling Iron|