It's rare when a celeb guy's decision to cut his hair actually makes waves, but Adrian Grenier's recent shocking chop of his signature curls was definitely noteworthy.
The Entourage star opted for a short, spiky crop and caught the attention of L'Oréal Professionnel Portfolio Artist Ryan Teal, among others. Teal, also owner of Teal Salon in Portland, Oregon, offers his steps on how to re-create and style the new cut.
1. Shampoo and condition hair. Teal likes Homme Tonique Revitalizing Shampoo and Contrôle+ Daily Conditioner.
2. Take finger-thick partings vertically following the head shape up to the parietal ridge.
3. Through the roof, take a profile of the finger-thick parting and cut palm-to-palm to maintain softness.
4. After establishing template, section roof in half, vertically, and begin taking horizontal partings from the profile to the parietal ridge.
5. Cut radially behind indentation. Be careful not to leave weight at the corners that create a boxy feel
6. Through the parameter, Teal suggests using a straight razor for a more lived-in feel.
7. Finish hair by blow-drying in Homme Wet Flexible Wet-Effect Gel for structure, using fingers to push hair away from the face.
8. Finally, heat-up wax with a blow-dryer and detail through the top and sides.