Photo courtesy www.jeweljk.com
1. Jewel arrived at the studio with freshly shampooed and conditioned hair, which was dry but not styled.
2. Redleaf first misted her hair with water, then followed with Orofluido Beauty Elixir for Your Hair, a leave-in conditioner comprised of argan, cyperus and linseed oils.
3. He rubbed four to five drops of oil into the palms of his hands, then pulled hair up and into a ponytail on top of the head. He worked the elixir through sections of her hair, beginning at mid-length—not roots—and dispensed the product through to the ends.
4. Next he dried hair with a round brush to create volume.
5. Once the hair was dry, Redleaf placed a few drops of Orofluido on a glass palette. He then used the product as a thermal treatment to protect hair from the heat of the curling iron, dabbing the tip of his finger into the product and applying it to hair prior to winding small sections around the iron.
6. To create spiral curls, Redleaf wound the section closest to the scalp down and around the iron while holding the only the end of the hair close to the iron.
7. As he styled, he worked in a circular motion and curled the hair so that it would sweep away from Jewel’s face.
8. Once the entire head was spiraled, Redleaf blended a small amount of Orofluido onto his fingers and hands. He gently pulled his fingers through Jewel’s hair to create soft waves and loose curls with no brushing or combing.
9. Redleaf finished the look by lightly spritzing hair spray to hold the hair and maintain a natural looking style.