So what can we do that can easily make our lives better? Here are 10 ideas that I have added to my life that paid back more than the effort they took.
10. Be 15 minutes early to work. Prepare for success, failure happens.
9. Remember or write down something special about each guest.
8. Track your work.
7. Set goals.
6. Do something extra for one guest a day.
5. Go watch a friend work.
4. For one month change your favorite _________ (brush, comb, technique or ?)
3. Change your look (wardrobe or hair).
2. Take a class.
1. Teach your favorite technique to a group of more than three people.
I hope that there is at least one idea from the list that can inspire success for you the way they have for me. And if you have tried them all and have a new idea please send it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Patrick McIvor is artistic color director with Matrix, and owner of patrick mcivor color studio (Bethlehem, PA) and studio two (Allentown, PA). As one of the most respected colorists in the industry, McIvor mentors his team by involving them in runway work at New York Fashion Week; fashion/beauty editorial shoots and interviews with numerous consumer and trade publications (editors named him best colorist in the USA); and television segments on “The 10! Show”/NBC Channel 10, WFMZ “Channel 69 News” and “Good Housekeeping Reports.” McIvor is featured in the book “50 Hairstylists.”